The mission of the Greater Amsterdam Volunteer Ambulance Corps Inc. is to provide rapid, professional, humanitarian services essential to the health and well being of Montgomery and Fulton Counties, as well as our neighbors. We will accomplish our mission by:
- Emergency medical treatment and transportation of the sick and injured
- Linking our community to specialized healthcare to the Capital region and beyond
- Implementing standards, policies and procedures that lead our region in EMS development
- Aggressive community outreach, education and training
Our members will serve as role models, actively participate in our community and strive to effectively and efficiently provide both basic and advanced life support services deemed to be excellent by the people we serve.
Invite GAVAC to participate in YOUR event!
GAVAC offers a variety of community outreach services.
Those services consist of:
- Life safety presentations
- Proper use of the 9-1-1 system
- CPR education
- Drowning prevention
- Station tours
- Safety tips for businesses
- Ambulance Standby
Presentations covering life safety and proper use of the 9-1-1 system are available to schools, home and businesses for any age group. In addition, all presentations are available in both English and Spanish.
For information or to schedule a presentation, call 518-843-1150
To contact or schedule GAVAC for your event click here