The mission of the Greater Amsterdam Volunteer Ambulance Corps Inc. is to provide
rapid, professional, humanitarian services essential to the health
and well being of Montgomery County and our neighbors. We will
accomplish our mission by:
- Emergency medical treatment and transportation of the sick and
- Linking our community to specialized healthcare to the Capital
region and beyond
- Implementing standards, policies and procedures that lead our
region in EMS development
- Aggressive community outreach, education and training
Our members will serve as role models, actively participate in
our community and strive to effectively and efficiently provide both
basic and advanced life support services deemed to be excellent by
the people we serve.
Invite GAVAC to participate in YOUR event!
GAVAC offers a variety of community outreach services.
Those services consist of:
- Life safety presentations
- Proper use of the 9-1-1 system
- CPR education
- Drowning prevention
- Station tours
- Safety tips for businesses
- Ambulance Standby
Presentations covering life safety and proper use of the 9-1-1 system are available to schools, home and businesses for any age group. In addition, all presentations are available in both English and Spanish.
For information or to schedule a presentation, call 518-843-1150
To contact or schedule GAVAC for your event click here